2 Weeks Ago I Had Lipo and Breast Implants and I Still Feel Sore and Still Have Redness on Chest is This Normal?

Soreness after liposuction and breast implants

+1
Some patients may have soreness for many weaks after breast implantation, the amount of which may be somewhat more than the soreness felt after liposuction. Redness may be related to bruising but if it persists, worsens or is a new finding, redness and soreness should be seen by your surgeon to ensure there is no infection. 

+1

Unless it's only your scar that is red, please call your plastic surgeon about the redness.

That said, a very large implant will stretch the skin and can keep it red for weeks.

It's normal to still be sore - but the soreness should be improving.

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Soreness and redness after surgery

+1
Soreness is an expected consequence of any surgery and this will gradually abate. However, without a photo, i can't comment on whether the redness is typical scar healing, an infectious process or something else. If you have concerns, you should see your plastic surgeon for followup.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast

+1

After 2 weeks pain and discomfort is still expected. You are still swollen and probably bruised. Expect to feel discomfort for at least 3-4 weeks. You need to follow up with your surgeon and get an idea on what to expect for the next few weeks.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Call your doctor

+1

I assume that you paid for the procedure, thus you have a physician, call them and ask them. On line, we can not offer first hand help -- so call your own doctor.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Recovery from Lipo and Breast Implants

+1

Without seeing pictures, seeing you in person or knowing more about your surgery, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, recovery from breast implants should be just a few days until you are back to your normal activities.  You will continue to have swelling and some discomfort for a week or so.  As for lipo, most of the swelling goes away in the first few weeks, however, you will continue to see improvement over several months.  If you have any concerns, you should contact your doctor.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Healing Normally after Liposuction and Breast Surgery?

+1

Unfortunately it is not possibly give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. I think you would be best served,  regardless following up with your plastic surgeon for evaluation of the “redness on the chest”. He/she will be in the best position to advise you whether you are progressing normally.

Best wishes with the remainder of your recovery.