4 Weeks Post-Op Chin Implant , It's too Large, When Can I Have a Revision? (photo)

it has been 4 weeks since i had my chin implant and i still cant get used to my face looks too long and when i smile my chin looks like witch ,does my face now look near to the final result i want to know what the percentage of swelling and to what extent it goes down , when can i get a smaller implant or do a revision i really want to do it as soon as possible thak you in advance

pre-op photo added 2/19

Early Chin Implant Downsizing?

+2

It is hard to pass judgment on the size of the chin implant when there is no presurgical picture. And most certainly at one month there is still some swelling present. But I can see what you are seeing in that the chin does look 'big' for your face in both vertical height and width. While the size of the chin may go down somewhat, I suspect it may not go down enough for your liking. It would be important to know what type of chin implant you have in and its size. (dimensions) That would help determine if you should consider early downsizing or allow more time for all swelling to go away. 

Chin Too Big 4 Weeks after Augmentation

+1

Swelling is present at this time - the obvious question is how much? I suggest you wait another 4-5 months to see the final result after your  chin implantation. It is not difficult to reduce the size of your implant.

Chin implant resizing

+1

It is hard to tell completely since you are smiling in the picture which tends to accentuate the chin and we do not have before pictures. I would wait several months minimum before considering if you had an implant that was too large. 

Samson Lee, MD

Chin

+1

The photo looks good. See your surgeon if you have doubts. Usually I suugest to my patients to wait 3-6 months for all swelling to subside and the consider removal or replacement. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon