2 weeks - full incision eyelid surgery. Is there too much skin, or is it due to swelling? Will it be permanent? (Photo)

Hi, I got full incision eyelid surgery with ptosis correction 2 weeks ago. We chose this method with the surgeon as my skin is thick, but I'm worried about the result. I don't like how my lids seem thick and puffy, I have an excess skin falling on my eyes, it makes a kind of skin bulge. Is it due to the swelling? Will it disapear in time? Or is there too much skin? Is it gonna be permanent? And that's exactly the type of eyes I didn't want to get. Should I already think about revision?

Too early to judge

+1
You are only two weeks post-op. You really need to wait for 6 to 8 weeks even sometimes up to 6 months to judge the result of a procedure. Many factors are involve in the recovery from upper and lower eyelid surgery.  So please be patient and wait. 

Reston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Too early - be patient

+1
Too early to judge - please be patient. As you have had ptosis surgery & upper lid blepharoplasty - the lids will take longer to settle.  If the upper lid show looks the same 12 weeks on - you may consider having a revision blepharoplasty. 

Sabrina Shah-Desai, MS, FRCS
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

It is honest too early to judge this surgery.

+1
You should have had a detailed discussion with your surgeon regarding how much platform would be visible once the eyelids healed.  This surgery looks like it was done very conservatively.  So yes it does look like you will end up with too much fold skin.  However, it is much easier to take a little more skin and it is to put skin back into the eyelid if too much was removed.  So it might be frustrating to hear this but you are better off in this situation than one where you were concerned that the crease was made too high.  The eyelids need to heal about 6 months before you are ready for considering a revisional procedure.