6 weeks PO TT, BA, arm lift, some drains still in body. What is the outcome of having it in so long?

I am six weeks out from an extended tummy tuck, arm lift and breast implants. I had two drains coming out of the groin area & the first drain came out three weeks later the second drain is still in & 4 days ago it was 110 in 24 hours but then it dropped to 40, 30 for a few days,this morning it was 90 after I emptied it, within 2 hours it drained another 130. What is the outcome of having it in so long is it better to take it out?I also leak a whole lot from the opening where the drain tube goes into. I did run a fever last night and had horrible new sharp stabbing pain in my body abdominal area back and breasts. Thank you.

Long term drains risk a retrograde infection

+1
and you should be in close contact with your surgeon, especially if the characteristics of your drainage change from the tea colored clear fluid to creamy, smelly stuff associated with spreading redness.

+1
I find, occasionally in my practice, that it is beneficial/necessary to keep a drain(s) for a longer period of time. In the long term, there is an no negative “outcome” because the drain was left in for longer period of time. Most important, will be close follow up with your plastic surgeon who will be the best position to evaluate the drain site for signs of problem. Given that you did have a fever recently, this follow-up (or at least communication with him/her) should be ASAP.  Best wishes.