6 Weeks out from Breast Reduction and Nowhere Near my Goal Size. Is This The Final Result?

After discussing at length, my PS assured me that I could go from a 34DDD to a small C cup, and I was very clear that I wanted him to err on the side of smaller, not bigger. I'm now 6 weeks out, and still a very large D. I'm totally devastated. I know my size may change some over the next few months, but my breasts don't look tight/high, so I think any change is likely to be minimal. I thinkmy PS only took around 350cc from each breast. Any chance I'll get much smaller, or should I give up hope?

Breast Reduction and Concerned about Breast Size?

+1

Although your concern is understandable, there is no reason to “give up hope”;  you will find that the breasts will continue to change over the course of the next few months and even during the first year after surgery. You should wait until that time to evaluate the end results of surgery.

I would suggest that you evaluate the results of surgery from the stamp point of achieving proportionate, symptom relieving breast size;  do not evaluate the end results of surgery based on a specific cup size.  Bra cup sizes will vary depending on who makes the bra.

I would also suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to calmly communicate your questions and concerns.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Breast reduction

+1

I can understand your disappointment, but there is some good news.  First of all, it is likely that your breasts will continue to reduce in size over the next several months to some degree, so you should hold off on your final assessment and figuring out what to do next.  The other bit of good news is that you were under-reduced as opposed to being over-reduced.  this makes secondary corrective surgery much easier to accomplish. It is even possible that you could be treated  with liposuction of the breasts.  I'm sure your surgeon did what he thought was in your best interest.  Just think if you were over-reduced, then you would really have a reason to be upset.  Your situation  can be easily dealt with but requires patience and time so you don't rush into having a procedure done that you might regret.

Size after reduction

+1
this is a fairly common theme. I have heard the question raised here several times. chances are you are at your final size. ask about doing a "Scarless" Reduction to get you down the next cup size Which means using liposuction only. That technique works very well given your circumstances.
Paramus Plastic Surgeon