I am 3 weeks, 3 days post op from a tummy tuck. What is this hard, bruised, and painful-to-the-touch lump

I still have a drain in, and am draining dark red, chunky stuff. The lump is on the suture line (under the skin) the same side as my drain. I've been complaining because my compression garment is to big and won't fit right. My Dr is gone for 3 more days, and I'm really worried.

Concerns three weeks after Tummy Tuck

+2
Your concerns after your tummy tuck seem to be reasonable. The hard lump of the incision Probably represents scar tissue and feeling the drain under that site.  The drain is draining appropriate stuff. I think you'll be fine until your see your doctor.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, M.D., DDS, FACS

I am 3 weeks, 3 days post op from a tummy tuck. What is this hard, bruised, and painful-to-the-touch lump?

+2
Thank you for your question. Without pictures it is impossible to determine what this would be. My suggestion would be to follow up with your plastic surgeon's office to see if there is a doctor covering for him/her while out of town. Explain the situation and that you need to see someone regarding this and find out who is covering existing patients. If your doctor does not provide you with an adequate fitting garment, my suggestion would be to obtain one on your own. You should look for something that is form fitting but not too tight. You should be able to comfortably breathe, but it should not move around. I hope this information helps you and good luck. 

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Diplomat-American Board of Surgery
Diplomat-American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Painful lump

+2
You may have a small hematoma, or infection you should see your doctor or the person covering for him.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Painf after tummy tuck

+1
You have to make sure there is no infection going on so best to be check out by your plastic surgeon. 

Ash Mosahebi, MBBS, FRCS FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Can not diagnose over the interent

+1
I am sorry you are having trouble.  It is not possible to give you an answer to the question.  Photos may help, but without them, I have no answer for you. I would recommend either waiting til he returns or ask his office if you can see whatever surgeon is covering his practice for him.  

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon