4 Weeks 4 Days Post Op...L Implant Moves Up?

Early I know. Sub muscular 286 cohesive gel with peri lift. I had such little pitosis pre op my ps said we could go either way. I'm having issues posting pics. My right looks amazing! Left still high and when flexed the implant rises and looks as if breast hangs over. My concern is the left has an issue... Doing displacement excercises and wearing a band. I hope it's swelling and implant settles into it's new home so to speak.

Left implant moves up after surgery

+2

You are noticing the "active" or "dancing" breast when you flex your pec muscle.  This may resolve, or always be present to some degree.  However, the most important thing to do is to be patient and give things more time to heal as this may improve with time.  The high riding implant on the left may improve with the displacement exercises and continue with the band...it is common for one side to heal faster than the other.  Tincture of time is the best prescription right now.

Maui Plastic Surgeon

Wear an asymmetric band for asymmetry after breast augmentation

+2

Thank you for your question. Without photographs it is hard to get an accurate picture of your condition, but I think that I understand your problem. It is not unusual for one implant to pull up more that the other with muscle contraction and this may always be the case. The bigger concern is if that implant sits higher while the muscle is relaxed. In this situation, I like to have patients wear a six inch wide Ace wrap around your chest, under the breast that is sitting lower and over the top of the breast the top of the breast that is sitting too high. I have seen this help enough to improve the asymmetry so that no touch up surgery to reposition the implant is required even a couple of months after surgery.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Some degree of breast asymmetry is very common at this stage in your recovery. As you know, this asymmetry is likely caused by a slower “descent” of the left breast implant.  Hopefully you will find that this breast implant will catch up over the course of the next several months. Following up  with your plastic surgeon will be important to  receive specific advice to help improve the breast asymmetry and to rule out complications that may occur.

Submuscular Implants Will Move With Muscle Contraction

+2

What you are describing is a common phenomenon after submuscular ba.  The real question is why not on both sides?  The thing to do is exactly what you are doing and see what happens over time.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Moving Breast Implant With Muscular Contraction

+1

Without a physical examination it is hard to provide you with a precise explanation to why your left implant moves upward when you flex your muscle.

Nonetheless, it is not uncommon to note breast asymmetry after a breast augmentation as the recovery pace may vary between both breasts. 

Therefore, it seems that the right breast did settle in it natural pocket readily while the left one remains "stubborn".

I recommend to contact your surgeon who will provide you with the best solution to fit your case while you keep on doing the displacement exercises and wearing the band.

All in all, I think that you have to be a little patient and let nature take its course where gravity will come into play and contribute to the overall balance especially that you are at 4 weeks post-op.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS