4 Weeks and There's No Change to my Nose. Tip is Still Very Swollen Hurts and Stings

4 weeks in and theres no change to my nose, tip is still very swollen hurts and stings. Is there anything I can apply to reduce the swelling?

Tip Pain and Swelling 4 Weeks after Rhinoplassty

+1

It will take 9-12 months for most of the tip swelling to resolve. The pain and stinging is not normal - contact your surgeon to rule out any problem such as an infection which is rare.

Normal or abnormal nasal tip swelling following rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

You must first determine the cause of the swelling. It could be normal or it could be due to an infected implants as two potential extremes. Stay in close contact with your surgeon. A nasal tip can remain swollen for nearly 6 months following a rhinoplasty.

Nose Swelling 4 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

Mintu, make sure you consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon since they know your nose best having just operated on you. In general, it is not uncommon for patients to see moderate swelling of the tip region four weeks out from rhinoplasty, especially if an open approach was used. What concerns me a little is the fact you have pain in the tip region. Normally noses are actually a little numb in this region following rhinoplasty surgery. Before you try at home remedies to reduce the swelling, I would touch base with your surgeon to make sure you don't have anything else complicating your recovery. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon