I Am 4 Weeks out Breast Augmentation and Implants. Are They Settling Correctly? (photo)

I am 4 weeks out breast augmentation and implants and I am wondering if they are settling correctly. They were placed behind the muscle and they still feel semi-hard. Both had 350cc silicone high profile implants placed. The left areola is a slight paler color then than the rt. and is more sensitive to touch. Both areola have good cap refill 2-3 sec. so I am assuming that is a good sign. I am just wondering if they are in the right place and if the fullness is appropriate 4 weeks post-op. THXS!

Implants Settling Correctly?

+1

It appears that you had an augmentation and a breast lift. It is hard to see from the angle of your pictures. What I can tell you is that it will take about 3 months for your implants to drop and for the skin to stretch. This is one of the hardest operations that we perform in that we are changing so many things about the breast at one time. I tell my patients to think of an augmentation and lift as two operations because the revision rates are so high. But, you are way too early to worry about that. I think you will find that your shape will change so much in the first 3 months.

Breast Implants “Settling” Normally?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. It appears that you have undergone a breast  augmentation and lifting operation. One of your breast implants does appear to be sitting higher than the other; this is not unusual at this point in your recovery. I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and see if he/she advises massage. You will find that it will take at least 3 to 6 months to see the final results of the procedure performed.

I Am 4 Weeks out Breast Augmentation and Implants. Are They Settling Correctly?

+1

Based upon the TOO close up posted photos and your excellent description I believe things look great. But best to be seen by your chosen surgeon for in person evaluation.  

Settling of Implants After Breast Augmentation

+1

It is very difficult to tell from the photos you have provided. However 4 weeks is fairly early to determine whether your implants have settled correctly or not. You will find that your breasts will most likely continue to improve with time. The final settling may not occur for as long as 3 to 6 months. I would encourage you to continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon as he is the one that can best guide you through your post operative course.

Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Breast implant appearance

+1

It is difficult to say how your implants look because the photos are not the best views.  It is best to see it in appearance.

#BreastImplants Settling After Surgery

+1

It is difficult to appreciate from your photo, where you implants are located. However, 4 weeks is too early to judge under most circumstances. Stay in touch with your surgeon, or post a frontal before and after image to get more help. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Implants - Are they settling correctly ?

+1

it is important - Please see your surgeon who did the surgery - As it is hard to answer from the picture.

Subramaniam Arumugam, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon