Raised Scar 2 Weeks After Lower Eyelid Surgery

About two and a half weeks ago, I had a lower bleth. done. The subcutaneous, self dissolving stitches have caused the skin around my eyes to buckle. In other words, the area in which the stitch was placed is raised. Is this normal in some cases? Will this dissolve over time?

Incisions around the eye can take several weeks to heal completely

+1

Incisions around the eye can take several weeks to heal completely. At 2 weeks, it is still too soon to assess the final outcome. If you have specific concerns, see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible for an evaluation.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

+1

Be patient and this will resolve.  There should be a small amount of skin inversion at the site of the closure to allow for the incision to become flat as it heals and contraction occurs.  I am sure it will look great when healed completely. 

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
LeBeau Clinic

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar after blepharoplasty

+1

2 weeks is very early; your issue is likely to resolve with time. The skin elevation may just be good wound construction by your surgeon. He/she likely everted (mounded up) the edges to account for the normal contraction that occurs with healing, i.e. to avoid a depressed scar or line.

Irvine Oculoplastic Surgeon

Scars after a blepharoplasty

+1

The eyelid incisions may appear slightly raised after surgery due to swelling.  Give it some time. If you are concerned have your surgeon re-evaluate them.

Raised scar after blepharoplasty.

+1

Most patients usually heal pretty well from eyelid. However, two weeks out maybe a little too early to tell how your scars will heal. I would consult with your plastic surgeon and let him determine whether this is something you should be worried about or not.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Raised scar 2 weeks after lower eyelid surgery

+1

You must be a little more patient! 2 weeks ONLY please relax or return to the operating surgeon for advise. This is a form of swelling.

From MIAMI DR. B

Scars two weeks after blepharoplasty

+1

Two weeks is much too early to be assessing scars. Scars around the eyelids generally healing extremely well. Let your surgeon worry about the scar at this stage. He will let you know if anything is amiss.