I Am 3 Weeks Away from my Abdominoplasty and Mastoplexy. GelZone vs. Olleva?

I am 3 weeks away from my abdominoplasty and mastoplexy. Could you give me the difference in the GelZone wrap versus the Oleeva Scar Shapers? I want to have the best possible healing and have already started my pre-op vitamin/eating regimen. I have Lupus and therefore am wanting to give myself the best pre-op and post-op care possible. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Scared of Scarring

+1

There are countless products in the market to ameliorate surgical scars.  The best results are obtained with adequate surgical technique including closure with minimal tension, and tape compression of the scars.  The surgical scars after a period of 2-3 weeks can be treated with silicone sheeting which these products represent and they have shown to improve scars.  As far as one product over another there is not sufficient data to say.  You are doing well in optimizing your diet with protein supplementation preop and Vit C and zinc supplementation in the pre and postop stages.  

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon