I'm 2 Weeks and 1 Day Post Op Now After Gynecomastia Surgery?

It is normal the outside of my areola is hard and some soft?

Firmness Under Areola After Gynecomastia Surgery

+2

Brian, This is an excellent question.  You didn't tell us if you just had liposuction or if you had liposuction with gland excision.  In either case, firmness under areola at this stage would indicate Organized Swelling.  This is a term my friend, Andy Kaczynski, M.D. of Sacramento, has coined to identify pre scar.  In my practice, we treat this organized swelling with ultrasound (the kind physical therapists use for sore muscles).  It converts sound energy into heat which increases the blood supply to the area and removes nonviable tissue.  It also acts like a sifter in the kitchen to level any fat cells which have temporarily lost their moorings, giving you a flat bed of fat cells.  A second plastic surgical technique I would use here is DMSO which will also take down much of the swelling since it is the world's best anti-inflammatory. 

In direct answer to your question, yes, it is normal to have soft and hard spots at this stage after gynecomastia surgery. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia swelling

+1

I assume by this time you have been reassured by your doctor that it is still very early to make any evaluations. two weeks is barely the end of the initial swelling phase. Give it a little time and my guess is you will do fine.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon