Is 6 weeks after Voluma injections too late to have it dissolved? Are the side effects to the filler removed?

Hyaluronidase to dissolve Juvederm Voluma

+1
A hyaluronidase such as Vitrase may be used to dissolve Juvederm Voluma at any point after it is injected.  Typically it is prudent to wait at least 2 weeks to allow the bruising and swelling to resolve, and the filler to settle, before dissolving it.  After this point, Voluma may safely be dissolved at any time, including 6 weeks after injection.    

Removing Voluma

+1
Voluma is made out of hyaluronic acid. It can be dissolved with hyaluronidase at any time. At 6 weeks, you may still be having some left over swelling or asymmetry from the injections, so it may be a little soon to try and dissolve the filler. I usually have my patients wait a little longer (2-3 months). But, it depends on what your specific issue is.

With Voluma, because it is more solid than the other hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero), it will take more hyaluronidase, and it may take more repeat attempts to dissolve it before you achieve the goal of smoothing out a lump or bump.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and other Hyaluronic acid fillers can be dissolved at any time

+1
It is safe to have Voluma or any hyaluronic acid filler dissolved with Hyaluronidase at any time.  A higher concentration of Hyaluronidase is needed for a Voluma vs other HA fillers so make sure you go to am experienced injector for this treatment.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma injections may be dissolved by hyaluronidase

+1
Voluma injections may be dissolved by hyaluronidase but I would recommend consulting with a board certified dermatologist before doing this so soon after injection. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Voluma be dissolved 6 weeks after injection?

+1
There is no time limit to dissolving Voluma, or any other of the the hyaluronic acid fillers.  As long as there is some unwanted product present, it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  The main possible side effects from having Voluma dissolved would be those associated with any injection.  So, I would say it would be possible to have some bruising with the treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving Voluma

+1
Voluma is a hyaluronic acid filler, so it can be removed with hyaluronidase if you'd like. I don't know what kind of "side effects" you are referring to, but the filler is removed completely. Sometimes it does take more than one round of hyaluronidase to remove it completely, as most of us like to be conservative with the treatment injections.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD