Five Weeks After Tumescent Lipo Arms Still Uneven, Is this Likely the Final Result?

I got tumescent lipo almost five weeks ago on my arms. After removing the bandages, I could see that my left arm was a little bit bruised but the right arm was not. The left arm also leaked fluid for the next few days and the right arm barely leaked at all. I could see a difference in the size of my left arm almost immediately but still havent seen a difference in my right arm. The doctor said he removed about the same amount of fat from both arms. Is it likely that this is my final result?

5 Weeks Post Tumescent Lipo Arms Still Uneven

+1

Thank you for your question. You're still in  a healing process.  Some people heal in 2 weeks and some up to 6 weeks. I would wear the compression garment on the arms as much as you can.  The longer you wear it the better result. I would recommend a 6 week f/u appt with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Five Weeks After Lipo

+1

Hello. I would not be concerned about whether you had bruising or fluid drainage after lipo. Sometimes this all depends on which side you slept on  after the procedure.

The fact that it looks uneven at this point is important. One thing to check is whether SOMEONE ELSE thinks one side is "out of whack." Occasionally someone thinks this, but everyone else says it is okay.

So, if you have that person go with you to the post-op visit, it add more credibility to your claim.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Five weeks after liposuction you should look symmetrical.

+1

Hi.

This is not yet the final result, but asymmetry is not a good omen.  However, be optimistic and wait another three months. If things don't look good then, you will probably benefit by a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction of arms

+1

At five weeks you are a too early to see the final results. There may be differential swelling. Also reember arms are not always symmetric.