3 Weeks After the Liposuction, Shouldn't I Be Seeing Some Improvement By This Time? (Photos)

I've been reading this website religiously and most Doctors suggested that final result won't kick in till 6 to 8 months, but had mentioned that you should see 80% of the result after 3 weeks. I had tumescent liposuction 3 weeks ago, on my anterior thighs, inner thighs, saddlebags and inner knees. The Doctor took 750ml out. I understand that everyone heals differently but I really don't see much difference at all, can someone please tell me if I had wasted 7,000AUD for nothing? I'm 5'7 and 70kg

Should I See Changes 3 Weeks After Liposuction?

+3

Based on your pictures(particularly the side view) it is clear that you do have improvement in your leg contour.  weeks post-op there is still a significant amount of swelling present and with time (about 3 months) you will see a notable difference than you see now.  Your surgeon did a nice job and was relatively conservative with the amount of fat removed.  If he/she was too aggressive you may have developed dents and grooves.  Overall, you have a nice result and in 3-6 months you and your surgeon can review your results with confidence as the swelling will be gone.  Best Wishes!!!

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Results 3 weeks after liposuction

+3

I don't know about 80% of the results in 3 weeks.  3 weeks is still very early after liposuction.  I tell my patients not to look at their results for at least 3 months after liposuction, and final results are not evident for 9-12 months.  I would tell you, based on your photos, that your surgeon did a very nice job. 

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

3 wks after lipo

+2

Hi,

750cc is not much. I'm afraid you will not see much of a difference in the upcoming weeks. Although, your surgeon was extremely conservative; he did a nice job. I can't see any dents or irregularities from your pics.

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

No Results 3 weeks After Liposuction

+2

We usually tell our patients to wait 4-6 months before they see 80% of their results as the skin needs time to retract. Some patients remark seeing some results after a month or so when the swelling goes down but it differs with each patient.

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

750cc is just not enough

+2

tumescent solution implies that 2cc of fluid was placed for every one cc suctioned. of that 750 some was tumescent solution so it appears that your procedure was probably more like 300-500 cc of fat removed. that's not a lot based on your photos. there will be some further improvement with time but I would guess more could be done. having said that, diet and exercise should be a good choice for you. good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

3 Wks Aftr the Lipo, Shldn't I Be Seeing Some Improvement By This Time? (Photos)

+2

The discussion can be had as to whether you even needed it in the first place, be since you already did….to be very honest with you… 325cc removed from each leg on a 70kg woman is not very much at all….Yes you should wait and give it more time….but…….my guess, and it’s only a guess, is that you will see very,very modest results….Let us know!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results?

+1

Swelling is part of the healing process.  I ask my liposuction patients to wear a compression garment for 4 weeks post op surgery to help with the swelling.  The swelling can take months to subside and even longer for skin to “redrape".  At that point you will see the final results. 

Best Wishes.

Results from liposuction

+1

At three weeks post op liposuction there still is a significant amount of swelling and I believe you will continue to see improvement over the next few months.  Although it is diffucult to quantitate the speed of post operative shrinkage, I think that you haven't yet seen the 80% mark in improvement.  Give yourself time and I think you will be pleased with the results.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Conservative liposuction is best

+1

You barely needed liposuction from the preop photos and the side photo shows some nice changes.  If your doctor were more aggressive, they might leave you with permanent dents and contour irregularities.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

+1

Nice result based upon the posted photos and history. Your realistic expectations are faulty, sorry. This issue should have been discussed in your pre operative visit. You and your chosen surgeon were not oin the same page. But your result is very acceptable.