3 Weeks After Rhinoplasty Red Bumps?

hi, its been 3 weeks after my rhinoplasty and i do exercise and heavy lifting normally but i have appeared Red Bumps after exercise and its temporary, i mean the day after exercise the red bumps disappeared

Red Bumps After Heavy Lifting For A Rhinoplasty Patient

+2

Dear John,

Exercising after Rhinoplasty should be resumed no sooner than 3-4 weeks GRADUALLY.

The red bumps that shows and then disappears the next day when you are not working out are a "warning" indicating that you are pushing it when exercising.

That being said, if you were to undergo heavy lifting exercises and increase your blood pressure then your nose will swell hence delaying your recovery process considerably and possibly causing nasal damage.

I recommend that you consult with your surgeon who can clear you for heavy lifting.

Meanwhile, please do follow your surgeon's recommendations and keep your nose as safe as possible from traumas.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Limit Your Exercise Routine post Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Jhon, 

I ask my patients to limit their exercise activity after Rhinoplasty surgery for three weeks and then start back slowly. You may have developed a small heat rash that dissipated quickly. See your surgeon for frequent follow up appointments and discuss your concerns so he may give you proper post operative instructions. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Red Bumps on Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, red bumps resulting from exercise are a normal reaction that will lessen in severity over time. It is important that you do not push yourself too hard at only 3 weeks post-op. I recommend that patients can resume heavy lifting after about 5 weeks. 

To aid the healing process, massage the area gently to keep swelling to a minimum.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD