2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty Exercise Prestige?

hi, i have been doing exercise which is heavy lifting i usually pour a cold water on my nose and its better i think is there any tips for me .thnx

Exercising After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, be careful about exercising so soon after rhinoplasty. I normally recommend that patients wait for five weeks before resuming contact sports and heavy exercise to reduce the chance of swelling and trauma to the nose.

To aid the healing process you can gently massage the area daily.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Exercising After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear John,

Exercising after Rhinoplasty should be resumed no sooner than 3-4 weeks GRADUALLY.

That being said, if you were to undergo heavy lifting exercises and increase your blood pressure then your nose will swell hence delaying your recovery process considerably and possibly causing nasal damage.

I recommend that you consult with your surgeon who can clear you for heavy lifting.

Meanwhile, please do follow your surgeon's recommendations and keep your nose as safe as possible from traumas.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian 

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Two Weeks Post Rhinoplasty should limit heavy lifting and exercise.

+1

Dear Jhon,

I would suggest staying away from heavy lifting and over exerting for the first three weeks post Rhinoplasty surgery. Any excessive exercise or heat will cause the nose to swell. I ask my patients to limit their activities for three weeks and then start back slowly. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD