3 Weeks After Mid Facelift Swelling More on One Side?

i did face lift and lower blepharoplasty 3 weeks ago. still have swelling. but my faces left sides swelling specilally under left eye have swelling more than right side under eye. it is normal or not?

Swelling more on one side following facelift

+2

It is still very soon after your surgery, and it is not abnormal at this point to have some uneven swelling.  Residual swelling following a facelift can last up to 6 months, with the majority of the swelling dissipating after the first 3 months. If your are sleeping on the left side of your face, it may cause that side to swell more than the right.  I would try to sleep on your back or on your right side.  You may want to sleep elevated or in a recliner for a day or two to see if that helps.  There are also exercises and massages you can do to help with the swelling under your eye.  I would recommend following up with your physician, as he/she knows the details of your procedures. Thanks and best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric swelling 3 weeks after a facelift

+1

This could be normal and may resolve without any asymmetry. 3 weeks is a little early to worry about that. But I would have your doctor rule out fluid collections, and you can start conservative measures to keep this from being a permanent things

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Swelling

+1

This is normal. There is one side that heals quicker than the other. It does take at least six months for the swelling to subside.

Swelling and Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty

+1

This asymmetry you describe can happen, due to varied healing.  Perhaps you are lying more on that left side when you sleep, or perhaps you needed more work on that side, or had more intraoperative bleeding. Give things time.

Web reference: http://southfloridarhinoplasty.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric swelling

+1

It is not uncommon to have a mild level of asymmetric swelling after a face/neck lift, but significant asymmetry may be a sign of hematoma.

Asymmetric Healing After Mid Facelift May Be Normal- Discuss With Your Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear byambaa-

Most swelling will go away 6-12 months after a facelift.  You had surgery 3 weeks ago, which implies that your healing is still fairly young and fresh, so some asymmetry may occur this soon after your procedure.  I assume that you have been seen and discussed this with your plastic surgeon, but if you have not, please consider seeing him/ her soon.  

Best Wishes on a Speedy Recovery,

Roy Kim, MD

Swelling after facelift

+1

Swelling in plastic surgery is always assymetrical. Ittakes 3 to 9 months for most of the swelling to be gone. If you need reassurance speak to your surgeon. What you see now is not what you will see in 3 months.

Asymmetrical Swelling after Facelift

+1

It is normal to have asymmetrical swelling immediately after a facelift or to have the swelling resolve at different rates over 3 weeks. Continue  close contact with your surgeon who will monitor your progress.

+1

Completely normal to have uneven swelling, bruising etc. from side to side after a Face Lift or any plastic surgery treatment or surgery.  Be patient and see how every thing looks at 3 months.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Swelling after facelift

+1

It's not uncommon to have some asymmetry in post-operative swelling. It can take up to 6-8 weeks for the swelling to subside and, occasionally even longer. Without seeing pictures it is difficult to determine whether or not this is something that requires immediate attention or whether things are healing normally. I would follow up with your surgeon to ensure that everything is healing normally.