3 Weeks After Macs Lift I Have Several Dimples Under my Skin What Could It Be? (photo)

3 weeks after macs lift i have several dimples under my skin what could it be? on both sides. could it be still water or something is not going all right....

Macs facelift and postoperative healing

+2

the photo you show may be swelling , or fluid collection  ie seroma or even hematoma.   its possible to just be folds from the underlying tissue.  your doctor needs to examine you to determine what these are and if they just need time to settle. 

JH

Facelift and post operative skin dimples

+2

At three weeks post facelift, it is still quite early in the healing process and it is not unusual to note skin dimpling or irregularities which, in most cases, will improve or resolve over time.  The dimpling could be caused by a small area of bruising, or fuild collection (seroma), or could be associated with a suture in the deeper connective tissues.  Let your surgeon know about your concern.  Depending on his/her physical exam, they can help give you options for treatment that should resolve the problem.  Best of luck. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

3 Weeks after MACS lift and Lumps

+1

The lumps could result from pursestring sutures or this may be swelling or blood collection or fluid collection, etc.  It would be hard to say without an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

3 Weeks After Macs Lift I Have Several Dimples Under my Skin What Could It Be?

+1

It could be fluid and swelling around where one of the purse string sutures was placed. It should get better in time.

Julio Garcia, MD

3 weeks post-op

+1

Each situation is unique and only your facial surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this

Sam Naficy, MD

Bumps after a MAC facelift.

+1

A MAC facelift is a procedure where sutures are placed along a vertical plane in the face and when tightened lifts the deeper soft tissue and muscle.  This technique work wonderfully but does frequently cause lumps and bumps which are apparent initially but usually resolve.  If the bumps are a result of accomulation of blood called hematoma, or fluid called seroma a needle can be used to aspirate them.  If the lumps are due to bunching of deep tissue then your surgeon may need to inject them with kenalog if they do not resolve over months.  Finally revision surgery may be needed if you find the bumps are significant and do not resolve with more conservative meaures. Your surgeon will moniter your situation over months and determine the best course of action.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dimples 3 weeks after face lift

+1

This is not uncommon. Bumps and lumps are hard to avoid. This usually represents areas that might have accumulated blood or fluid. Also sometimes tissue can be left or bunched up in places. Many different causes and many different ways to change this situation. I would apply pressure to those areas gently though and discuss options with your surgeon including steroid injections, or oral steroids for starters. Long term fat injections can help the situation.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks postop Macs facelift

+1

Greetings.  Your photos and comments are very interesting.  I suspect that your concerns are probably most related to postoperative swellling.  Now with that said, I think you should followup with your surgeon and make sure it is not caused by something else such as a resolving hematoma, suture contracture or otherwise.

James Wire, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

MACS lift sutures

+1

There is bunching of the tissue due to its attachment to the underlying SMAS by the masseteric ligaments. In laymans terms, there are small attachments between the skin and tissue beneath. When a suture is placed to tighten the underlying tissue, the skin bunches due to the attachments. It usually resolves as you heal.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facial changes

+1

The areas you are showing could be facial swelling and could be sutures under the skinwith bunching of the soft tissue. Check it out with your surgeon.