2 weeks after a lower facelift, how much weight can I lift to be safe and not harmful?

I went to the store and was carrying two bags each weighing about 8 pounds. Could I do harm to my facelift after 18 days by carrying that amount of weight?

Heavy weight lifting post facelift

+1
The internal sutures used for suspension of your muscles and tissues (SMAS and platysma muscle) should not not be affected, and you are not likely to develop a hematoma (collection of blood) at 18 days following surgery. So you are very likely to be OK. HOWEVER, this type of question should ideally be posed to YOUR surgeon PRIOR to such an activity. Best of luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after lower facelift

+1
Each surgeon may have preferences as to what activity patients can do after facelift surgery, so it is best to check with your particular surgeon to see what activities you can do 2 weeks after your procedure.  I do not believe that lifting 2 bags of 8 lbs. each would lead to any harm to your facelift results though.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after facelift

+1
I wil often tell patients limit exertion such as aerobics for at least 3-4 weeks and heavy lifting or more than 10-20 lbs for about 6 weeks.  ALways best to ask your surgeon.

Weight Lifting restrictions 18 Days After a Facelift

+1
Although it is preferably to get definitive information from your Surgeon, lifting two bags of groceries at 18 days shouldn't present any problems.  In my practice,  prefer that my patients avoid cardiac exercise for 2 weeks and heavy weights (greater than 25 lbs), golf, tennis, etc. for 4 weeks after surgery.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon