6 Weeks After Lower Facelift my Ears Display Bleached Areas That Seem to Be Circulation Related.Is This Normal?

6 Weeks after Facelift Surgery - Concern about Circulation

+1

At 6 weeks following facelift surgery, circulation to the flaps should not be an issue.  Circulation issues tend to get better with time and not worse.

Hypo pigmentation more likely than circulation issue

+1

Thank you for the question.  Circulation problems for a facelift tend to occur early on within the first week.  I suspect what you are seeing is some hypo pigmentation associated with tension around your incision area.  If this is the case I would wait longer as some correction may occur with time.  Additional correction can be achieved with trepenation treatment down the road.  Revision facelift is of course also another option if you so chose but this would also occur later long after healing has been complete.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Facelift plastics surgery

+1

Dear micel,

• If the ears aren't turning black or blue, the circulation should be fine
  • If you have any concerns, please see your plastic surgeon for a physical exam, there is very little we can advise here
  • My guess is that the circulation is being re-established along the incision line

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Circulation problem after facelift

+1

Without seeing a photo, it is impossible for me to understand exactly what you are describing. Any change in skin color after a facelift is not normal. You should see your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him/her.

Matthew Schulman, MD