6 Weeks After Lower Body Lift Swelling in Thighs/upper Legs- Normal?

6 weeks after lower body lift (belt liptectomy) I still have significant swelling, mainly from incision line down, around the incision line itself the swelling has decreased to within 1 inch of my previous waist size. But my hips/thighs are large enough I am currently wearing pants 1-2 size larger and still snug. Is the swelling in the thighs and legs normal? I am wearing Spanz compression tshirt that my physician recommended, but I am also wearing my abdominal binder periodically for lumbar.

Swelling after body lift

+1
Swelling and bruising can take up to seven weeks following surgery to subside, but this can certainly last longer depending on your rate of recovery. Please continue to follow your surgeon's post-surgery care instructions and wear your compression garment. You should see your surgeon if the swelling is sudden.

Swelling after surgery

+1

Thank you for your email.

It sounds like your swelling may be normal and it may take months for the swelling to subside.  I would highly recommend that you visit with your plastic surgeon to make sure that the swelling is normal post procedure swelling and not anything else.

Best Wishes!