6 Weeks After Lower Body Lift Swelling in Thighs/upper Legs- Normal?

6 weeks after lower body lift (belt liptectomy) I still have significant swelling, mainly from incision line down, around the incision line itself the swelling has decreased to within 1 inch of my previous waist size. But my hips/thighs are large enough I am currently wearing pants 1-2 size larger and still snug. Is the swelling in the thighs and legs normal? I am wearing Spanz compression tshirt that my physician recommended, but I am also wearing my abdominal binder periodically for lumbar.

Swelling after surgery

+1

Thank you for your email.

It sounds like your swelling may be normal and it may take months for the swelling to subside.  I would highly recommend that you visit with your plastic surgeon to make sure that the swelling is normal post procedure swelling and not anything else.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/weightloss.htm