4 Weeks After Lipo but I Don't See Much Different Than Pre-op. is This Normal?

i had my abdomen and the flanks done about 4 weeks ago but i see no result. is this normal? when can i see my result?

+2

In my opinion in my hands after 4 weeks you should be seeing so improvements. Very unusual not to see changes. 

+1

By now you should be seeing some changes. Some patients take a little longer, but I think if there is no change in the next 4-6 weeks, you should see your surgeon.

Julio Garcia, MD

Results of Liposuction surgery?

+1

It is still too early to evaluate the results of your surgery.

Swelling is part of the healing process.  I ask my liposuction patients to wear a compression garment for 4 weeks post op surgery to help with the swelling.  The swelling can take months to subside and even longer for skin to “redrape".  At that point you will see the final results. 

Best Wishes.

Doesn't see difference yet at 4 weeks post liposuction

+1

At four weeks after liposuction you will still have swelling present. If the amount of fat removed was not a whole lot, it can be somewhat difficult to see a major difference due to this swelling. You will need to wait at least 4 - 6 months to have a better idea with regard to the results. Re-examining your pre-operative photos may help you discern some differences even now, though.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Liposuction results

+1

Liposuction results vary and certianly at 4 weeks you probably are still fairly swollen. It is always helpful to review your pre-op photos to how you look now, but I would give it 3-4 months before getting too concerned

When do you see results after liposuction

+1

Without photos, it is difficult to answer.  In general you should see some results by 4 weeks, but it all depends on how much swelling and bruising you had to begin with. We tell our Santa Rosa liposuction patients that they should wait a full 3 months before evaluating.  Keep your doctor informed, follow all recommendations and hang in there!

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon