3 weeks after lipo and I have hard lumpy areas, wrinkled abdomen. Is that normal? What can I do?
6 months ago
I had liposuction on abdomen and arms .I am at 3 week , surgeon suggested after lipo massages , ultrasound,carboxitherapy ,garment and a foam. I have bumps and a very lumpy, hard abdomen and next to the armpits.if I flex my abs look wrinkled, is it permmanent? How long would take heal and have smooth skin back? I have massage and ultrasound every day, I also had injected kenacort on hard areas, is that effective?What else can Ido? Surgeon said carboxitherapy will solve it , is it right?
Doctor Answers (1)
- 3 weeks is early in the healing of liposuction,
- You do have irregularities - these will change dramatically over 6 months
- Dilute kenalog in hard,painful lumps helps
- Massage, ultrasound, foam and the garment will help,
- The lower abdomen is prone to irregularities after liposuction because of thin skin and muscle pull,
- Carboxitherapy (the injection of carbon dioxide under the skin): published reports say that it increases collagen but the most recent research suggests the effect is the same with the injection of saline. There have been complications.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.