5 Weeks After Labiaplasty and Hood Trim Still Same Swelling at 3 Weeks?

I know I have asked about the 3 week Post Op but I am now at 5 weeks and I find the swelling goes down and then some days is totally puffy?I have Jax Cream for bruises because I have read that Arnica and witch hazel help with swelling, But I do not see a difference. I find i am puffy after I did some heavy lifting at work three days ago. Its mainly the top of my labia where he had trimmed closer to the clitoris, ther are super large and I feel like it should shrink down to a quarter of the size?

Swelling after Labiaplasty

+1

Swelling after Labiaplasty is common and in some can be prolonged. I suspect the fact that you did some heavy lifting a few days ago probably contributed to this and that your increased swelling is due to  increased activity.The swelling can persist  for several weeks to even another month or two. When in doubt check with your surgeon to confirm you are healing appropriately.

Swelling after Labiaplasty

+1

Sounds as though you are experiencing increased swelling following increased activity.?  This is rather typical even at 5 wks post-op and my continue for several more wks or even another month.  I would make sure to double check with your operating surgeon to make sure s/he concurs.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD