I Am 3 Weeks After Facelift, Eye Lift Upper and Lower, and Forehead Lift. Is This Normal Swelling? (photo)

knots on corners of eyes.

You Have Normal Swelling 3 Weeks After Facelift and Blepharoplasty

+1

Thank you for submitting your question and photographs. 3 weeks is very early in the recovery process following a facelift, brow lift, and 4 lid blepharoplasty.

Actually your face looks very good with minimal bruising. The swelling in your lower eyelids appears to be normal at 3 weeks and should continue to improve for the next 3-4 weeks.

Ask your surgeon if gentle massage will accelerate fluid removal from the lower eyelids.

Facelift

+1

In the weeks after a facelift swelling is certainly within the range of normal. Don't take any changes. Go see your plastic surgeon right away so he or she can take a look and verify that everything is normal.

You should have many pre scheduled appts the first month after surgery, but if there is ever a concern, I'm sure your plastic surgeon would want to check on you

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Normal healing process involes localized swelling

+1

I do not see anything very alarming on your pictures other than swelling under the eyes which is quite common after a browlift and eyelid surgery. Be patient with the healing process as it almost always gets beeter with time as fluid redistributes in the face and neck. Some lymphatic massage can also help redistribute the fluids at this point. Good luck to you!

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after facelift

+1

It is expected that you will have swelling at this stage following your facelift. In general, the side effects after a facelift may include:

1) Swelling
2) Bruising
3) Bleeding
4) Asymmetry

Your swelling does not appear abnormal, and I would recommend following up with your physician regarding any post-operative concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fairly normal amount of swelling three weeks after a facelift in eyelid surgery.

+1

It looks to me like there might be a bit of exaggerated swelling along the lower lids. Patients however do not heal the same so I don't see anything to be alarmed about.

Post-op swelling

+1

All looks normal. At this stage, I encourage my patients to continue to use iced pads on the eyelids two or three times a day and perform gentle massage to speed resolution. You look great.

Patti A. Flint, MD

Swelling 3 weeks after face, eye and forhead lift

+1

Yes, your swelling after your face lift, eye lid lifts and forehead lift is normal.

The swelling under your eyes is normal. In my patients if the tissue at this stage is firm, I will sometimes inject a tiny amount of very dilute steroid which hastens softening.
Even without this, it seems you are healing well.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Normal swelling 3 weeks after multiple facial procedures...

+1

You look great on your photo... what is causing your concerns about swelling?  Ideally, you should communicate your concerns with your surgeon and let your surgeon provide you the reassurances you need.  But your photo looks great at 3 weeks.

Curtis Wong, MD

Healing after blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and facelift

+1

Based on your photographs, your swelling seems reasonable after your facelift, upper and lower eyelid surgery. At the three week mark, most bruising has usually resolved, however, there is still a bit of swelling in the region. This usually takes about two to four months to completely resolve, depending on the type of facelift and blepharoplasty that you have had. 

At this point, ice, dressings, or head elevation won't make much of a difference. To help the swelling around the eyes and cheeks, some gentle massage is probably your best option. If the swelling persists longer, certain skin treatments such as ultrasound or radiofrequency can be used to speed healing.

-Dr. Jamil Asaria

FACE Toronto

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Facelift

+1

I agree, the swelling is normal and should get better over the course of the next 3-4 weeks. Final results can take several months, so be patient!

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon