6 Weeks After Breast Augment and Lift, Wounds Are Still Open, What Should be Done? (photo)

Hi there, here is my another follow up question. 6 weeks after breast augment and lift (second surgery)in 5 months. Wounds are still open, breast looks terrible, i dont wanna scared anyone but it is what it is. I'm not a smoker!!!, I'm not diabetes!!! ( i have read that if you are the wounds are not getting better) I feel that right implant went down , came out of my muscle pocket . Its been long 5 months that took toll on my whole family :(( Don't know what to do?

6 Weeks After Breast Augment and Lift, Wounds Are Still Open, What Should be Done?

+3

Complications happen, and unfortunately you are one of them.  Follow closely with your Plastic Surgeon.  He/she can advise you on your options- either to let the wounds completely heal, then do a scar revsion, or to culture the open wounds now, and do a secondary closure if there is no growth with the culture.  If you feel that your Plastic Surgeon is not giving you answers, you can always get a second opinion.  The good news is that typically scar revision will improve the scars when there is no active infection. Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Complications after second breast lift/augmentation within 5 months

+2

Thank you for the photos. The good news is that these small openings will heal eventually. Follow up closely with your plastic surgeon. The bad news is that you already begin to show some asymmetry of the breasts, elongation of the areolae which seem to be under considerable tension and flattening or loss of breast projection. These are the reasons that I, personally do not do this type of operation together. I prefer to do the lift first, elevate the breasts on the chest wall where they used to be (and this is done without removing any breast tissue and a short lollipop incision) and do an augmentation at a later date. Yes it is two operations with better control of each individual outcome. You already had two operations and you are not happy. Unfortunatelly, you will need further surgery to improve the shape, and scars on your breasts.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Breast Lifting Wounds?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced since your surgery.  Unfortunately, these types of complications can arise even in the best of hands and under the best of care.  The important thing is that your plastic surgeon follow you closely and evaluate the wounds for signs of infection or further complications such as implant exposure.

Down the line, scar revision surgery may be helpful.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastliftaug.htm

Open wounds after surgery

+1

Since your wounds have been open for so long you need to make sure they are not infected. Have them cultured. They might be colonized with MRSA. If so, the right antibiotic and wound dressings should help to get you on the road to recovery.

Healing problems after breast lift

+1

Breast lift with a full 'T' incision can have a slightly higher rate of healing issues as there is considerable tension at the T as in your photo. Your surgeon should have you on a dressing program and monitor your progress closely.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Your skin is too tight

+1

You need to wait till your incisions are healed and then have revision. Your incisions are under stress and will take few months to heal.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon