Two Weeks Post Blepharoplasty: Left Eye is Hollow and Right Eye is Baggy

I am 24 years old. I had a lower eyelid Blepharoplasty done 2 weeks ago. My right eye is baggy and my left eye very hollow. Im only two weeks into this. Should I be concerned? My next consultation is scheduled in 2 weeks.

Lower lids after blepharoplasty

+3

Hang in there you are only 2 weeks out of surgery.  Give this time to heal and at least 6 months to judge the outcome.  Sometimes unequal fat is removed from the lids and may require revision.  However, this cannot be judged until stability has been reached.

Please be patient.

Best

Dr. Massry

Eyes hollow or baggy after lower eyelid surgery

+2

It's not unusual for the lower eyelids to be swoillen at 2 weeks after a lower eyelid surgery.  I tell my Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) patients that the appearance, of the eyes, will continue to improve for 3 months.  Hopefully everything will even out for you shortly.  You should bring this up, with your surgeon, at your next post op visit.

Two Weeks Too Soon To Judge

+2

Two weeks after surgery is to early to determine if you will have an asymmetry or unsatisfactory contours.

If you are worried, see your surgeon right away, but he/she may tell you to wait until swelling decreases and further healing occurs.

There is probably no intervention that should be done at this stage; as a matter of fact, an intervention at this point is most likely more potentially harmful than helpful.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks post lower blepharoplasty

+2

Two weeks is too early to judge results so right lower lid bagginess is not concern. The left lower lid hollowness may be a problem since it will only get worse as the swelling decreases. The modern techniques of blepharoplasty is all about improving the bagginess without inducing hollowness.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Don't have your pre-op photos.

+2

Andrea

You may or may not have "needed" lower eyelid surgery.  However, this procedure removes fullness from the lower eyelid.  So it is natural and fully expected that it will make the lower eyelid more hollow than it was before surgery.  The point is that the fullness of the lower eyelid is only part of the issue.  The other part is the descent of the fat that normally lives at the top of the cheek but falls a bit over time contributing the the circle that lives below the lower eyelid fullness or bag.  In many cases the bag is really an innocent bystander.  Remove the bag and gosh the eyelid look very hollow.  It is for this reason that filling the hollow rather than removing the fat has become such a popular procedure.  You are only two week out from surgery.  Please hold on.  You are still swollen and the eye is likely to look for hollow as this swelling resolves.  Fillers will be the answer for you.  Please don't double down with more surgery-you will get wrecked.  Please don't allow a well meaning surgeon "fix" the problem by placing fat in the thin lower eyelid.

Eyelid Surgery

+1

You are still too close to surgery time to analyze your result with any accuracy.  Wait until 6 weeks have passed.  If you are too hollow, then too much fat may have been removed.  Your opposite eye may have some retained fat or more trauma with the removal caused more swelling which will go away with time.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon