Weekend or short scar facelift at 34

I am 34 years old and I am seeing fat loss in the mid face area (flat cheeks and sagging skin around my nose) as well as loose jowls and wrinkles under my eyes. My face looks tired and old beyond my age in the mirror. I already tried fillers as well as laser peel and I willing to try a short scar facelift and eye lid surgery. Regarding my age, would I be considered as the right candidate? Also, can adequate sleep, healthy diet and exercising really help with skin tightening?

Early aging at 34

+1
  • Certainly at your age, a short scar face lift and eyelid surgery can be done, if early signs of aging appear,
  • And yes, we look older when under stress, over-worked, exhausted, too thin and out of shape.
  • These effects are reversible - see if you can work on these first,
  • But if things don't look as you want, see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • Options include surgery, fat transplants, implants and depending on skin health, peels or lasers.

Weekend or short scar facelift at 34

+1
Everyone ages at a different rate. Some patients at 34 have more aging than those much older. It depends on numerous factors including: heredity, history of smoking, lifestyle, sun exposure, excessive exercising, underlying medical health, and significant weight loss. There are numerous options to address early aging: fillers which are temporary, micro-fat grafts which are long lasting but don't significantly elevate drooping , limited facelifts plus filling of the depressed areas produce the most aesthetically harmonious and longest lasting result. Each has benefits and drawbacks. 

It really depends more on the extent of aging than chronological age, although 34 is certainly young for a facelift. I would avoid any procedure that claims to be a "weekend facelift" which is a marketing term.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Weekend or short scar facelift at 34

+1
It would be impossible to give you any answers about your specific face without knowing what it looks like. Please resubmit with appropriate front and side photos if you like. Treatments including fat grafting and implants may be of help. It would be unusual to consider a facelift before the 40s.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Facial rejuvinaiton at 34

+1
The beauty of facial procedures today is the variety of things that can be done to correct laxity, volume loss poor facial structure skin lines and laxity. There are a number of techniques and technologies available that includes surgical and non-surgical procedures. More importantly though is the skill and artistic sensibilities of the surgeon and his or her listening ability. It is uncommon to need a minor facelift at 34 but the amount of skin laxity and facial structure, jowls loss of midface structure can be indications to treat this. Loss of volume can be addressed with fat structural grafting or volumizers such as Sculptra, Radiesse and Voluma. There is a saying that you can't exercise your skin and while I highly encourage and do a lot of exercise, it does not tighten skin. Without a photo it is impossible to advise. We have a Vectra 3D imaging system in the office that helps to understand and review your concerns.

David R. Stephens, MD

Short scar facelift age 34

+1
At age 34 it's rather doubtful that any type of facelift is necessary unless  you have premature signs of aging. Photographs would be helpful to make an informed decision. For patient  who have fat loss in the mid face area and have flat  cheeks, consideration for a small Silastic sheet implant for cheek augmentation. Cheek implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, are placed through an intra-oral approach under brief general anesthesia. For more information and examples, please see the link below

34 is young for a facelift.

+1
Photos would be very helpful.  At 34 you may be noticing some volume loss.  So a little filler in the cheeks may be enough to help rejuvenate the upper face.  You will need to be seen to evaluate whether you have sufficient tissue laxity to benefit from a facelift.  Mini-lifts can also mean minimal results.      

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Weekend or short scar facelift at 34

+1
Yes, there are quick weekend facelifts with mini-incisions!  At 34, we would need to see photos of you to be sure this is what you need.  If you do have jowling, you may be a candidate.  As for the cheeks, adding volume will give you a soft, feminine look.  Photos would be helpful

Photos would be helpful

+1
It would be very helpful to see a photo to see if your perception of how you look matches up with what we evaluate.
At age 34, it is possible that you have jowling, but it would be unusual. And if you do have jowling, a "short scar" or "mini" facelift would not improve the jowling. A 'mini-facelift'  will give you a "mini-result"....at best.

At your age, your eyelids may be an issue. Again, a photo would be helpful to determine whether its truly skin wrinkling or maybe prolapsed fat that is the issue. If it is skin wrinkling, at your age, laser resurfacing might be the best option, depending on your skin tone [if you have olive skin or darker, its likely not an option].

Weight loss will often exacerbate volume loss and sagging skin. So if you are aggressively exercising and losing weight, you will want to get to your stable baseline weight before considering surgery. And fat grafting may be a good option for you if you have lost cheek fat.
Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial aging and what to do about it.

+1
It is impossible to give you an answer without seeing photographs( as described on my website ). This will allow me to see how much excess skin and you have in your upper face as well as your neck.l