1 Week After Upper Eyelid Surgery and Now my Eyes Appear to Be Pointed at the Top, Will this Go Away?

I had upper eyelid surgery a week ago and my eyeshape appears to be pointed at the top will this go away and what can be done for it

Eyelid surgery recovery

+1

Don’t worry about the shape. You’ll really start to get a good sense at one month.  It really takes about 3 months to get the final result from eyelid surgery.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyes surgery and pointed?

+1

I do not know what pointed at the top means?  A photo would be helpful. If you have concerns, you should talk to your surgeon.

Post op eyelid suggestions

+1

Eyelid surgery always causes swelling in the lids which takes quite a while to resolve.  This swelling may result in a temporary distortion of the lid shape.  It may be several months before the lids look their best.  To speed the resolution of the swelling, avoid strenuous activity, avoid extreme heat, and avoid salty foods.  Cool compresses may help, especially in the morning, when swelling is at it's worst.  Patience is important as facial surgical results are typically best after six months. Revision surgery should not be contemplated until at least that period of time has passed.

Pamela B. Rosen, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Distortion of eyelid after surgery

+1

You're still in the very early stages of healing so it is premature to categorize the shape of the eyelid as inappropriate or to even propose a correction.  Let the healing progress and keep following up with your surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Eyelid surgery recovery

+1

Most likely you'll be fine.  It's very early and having some distortion of the eyelids in the first week can be expected.  I'd need a photo be more helpful.  It also depends on what your surgery was performed for.  Could you give us more info?

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photos would be helpful

+1

Honestly, it would be helpful if you provide a little more information in your post. What type of eyelid surgery have you had? What do you mean by "pointed at the top". Sometimes it is difficult to describe what you mean, especially if you are not familiar with the proper anatomical terms. So posting a picture would be very helpful.

But in general, a week after surgery is very early to predict. However, if you had ptosis surgery [to raise the eyelid] then a peaked upper lid is not idea.

Hopefully you have a one week postop check with your doctor and can discuss this issue with him/her.

Best of luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon