How Long Before Post-Rhino Bump Goes Away?

Hello, I just went for my 6-week post op check up with my doctor and he prescribed Keflex for a small bump that appeared suddenly last week. He thinks it's an infection. Any idea how long until I should see the bump go away? I'm taking 750mg of Keflex 2/day for 7 days.... Thanks!

Infection and rhinoplasty

+1

It is very rare to have an infection after a rhinoplasty.  Do you have grafts?  or implants?  If it is a mild infection, it should resolve in a few days.  Keep close contact with your surgeon.

Infection after rhinoplasty

+1

Infection is very uncommon after rhinoplasty, though can pose a big problem for implants and cartilage grafts. You should start to see a response from your antibiotics within 48 hours if infection is the cause for the bump or swelling.

peterejohnsonmd

Bump post rhinoplasty

+1

stay in close contact with your plastic surgeon. The infection if present should resolve quickly. swelling should improve. if not, additional treatment may be required.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon