I Am One Week Post Op Upper Arm Liposuction. Am I Now Safe to Excercise and Work out my Upper Arms?

Hi, as above I am one week post op bilateral upper arms liposuction. As long as I wear my compression garment while doing so, am I ok to start working out my upper arms and excercise without worrying about the skin not adhering correctly? I had quite a bit removed from both arms and so far the results are amazing even with swelling. I know skin sagging is a concern with upper arm lipo and do not want to do anything that may cause some sagging if it's doing so well.

Exercise after liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question about when to exercise after liposuction.

• Good liposuction healing = minimal swelling,
  • Upper arm exercise = more swelling  so --
  • Wait 4-6 weeks to exercise a liposuctioned area,
  • Exercise of other areas can be done earlier, 
  • Check with your surgeon about what exercise is best for you.
  • Best wishes. Hope this helps! 

Exercising After Liposuction

+1

Hello. I recommend that my liposuction patients wait for at least 5 weeks before resuming workouts. When you begin, ease your way in. You should expect slight discomfort and minimal swelling that will subside.

Jaime Perez, MD
Liposuction Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Exercising after Liposuction Surgery

+1

This is a question for your surgeon because he/she knows you best and will know what is the best recommendation for you.

Follow your surgeons instructions for best results.

Exercise after arm lipo

+1
You should follow your surgeon's postop regimen. I do not recommend exercise of the upper extremities for about 6 weeks postop. Don't worry, you will not go to pot in the meantime but you do need to give your arms time to heal.

Robert L. Kraft, MD