4 Weeks Post-Op Revision Septorhinoplasty: When Will I See Final Results?

I am now into my 4th week following a revisional septorhinoplasty. Overall I am pleased with the results despite the fact that I have some uneven swelling & a couple of hard bumps which are slightly visible & feel like bone.

How many more weeks need to pass so that I can have a good idea of the final result? I am hoping that the shape will not change too much and that once the swelling goes down that the hard bumps will not very overly visible. Thank you in advance for your reply.

It can take years to see the final result...

+2

Every patient heals at a different rate following a rhinoplasty. What happens is lymphatic channels form, allowing swelling to decrease. At the same time a scar capsule forms around the nose that can have a mild compression effect on the nose. All these factors act together to change the appearance of the nose. Typically I see that about half the swelling is gone by 3 months and 70-80% by one year. The scar capsule can take several years to form. I think that if the rhinoplasty is done well and the built with enough strength to stand up to the contractile forces it will be fully healed and stable in 4-5 years. I have performed rhinoplasties on some nurses and doctors that I work with on a regular basis and I am able to see these subtle changes that take place for several years after the rhinoplasty.

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

When can I see final results after a Rhinoplasty

+1

Give yourself 4-6 months minimum in order for the majority of the swelling to be gone after a primary Rhinoplasty.  More involved Open Rhinoplasties or Revision Rhinoplasties can take up to 2 yewars to fully heal.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Rhinoplasty final results

+1

In general, the final results of a rhinoplasty may take up to a year. Swelling can persist for a year or even longer in some cases.

Final Results after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It will take a year before you see what has been achieved. Only your surgeon knows what was done during the operation which will influence the healing time .Have your surgeon answer your question.

Final results after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Final results after rhinoplasty may take at a minimum of one year for swelling to fully dissipate.  In revision cases, however, final results may take 18-24 months or more to manifest, depending on the extent of the revision/reconstruction and the thickness of the skin.   For individuals with thick nasal skin, scar maturation can continue to cause very fine changes even as far as 3 years postoperatively.

Web reference: http://www.bwfacialplasticsurgery.com/

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Final result

+1

Dear Anon:

Usually the nose shape will settle a year after a primary rhinoplasty. With revision this may take longer, perhaps 18 to 24 months. Also the thickness of the skin will affect the recovery, with thicker skinn taking longer.

Cheers!

Michel Siegel, MD

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon