1 Week Post Op Mini Tummy Tuck - Possible Muscle Repair Damage?

Had my mini tummy tuck a week ago..made the mistake of taking 8 pair of denim jeans out of the dryer and carrying them up the stairs yesterday..have pain around the belly button area now and I am so afraid that I damaged my muscle repair. I have been worried sick since this happened..after going through all of this, I want the end result to be worth it. I had my binder on while this happened, so I'm hoping it was some support. Is it possible that I am ok..just strained things a little bit?

Possible muscle repair damage after a mini tummy tuck

+2

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

Patients who received mini tummy tuck commonly receive a muscle repair at the same time. Because of this repair, we inform our patients of the physical limitations that they should comply with to obtain their best results. These include restrictions in activity, exercise, and lifting objects. Occasionally, we have patients that have overextended themselves and have felt a tear or pop below their skin. This may be a loosened or ruptured suture from the muscle repair. When we performed a tummy tuck, we used dozens of individual sutures to create the internal support. Therefore one pop suture will not affect the ultimate result. However, different surgeons use different techniques. At this stage, it is best to let your plastic surgeon know of your concerns and have them evaluate you so that they can determine what was the cause and if he will ultimately affect your result.

Muscle damage after a mini-tumm tuck

+2

It is unlikely that you damaged the muscle repair by just lifting some pants out of a dryer. More than likley you are sore because of the exertion. You can always check with your doctor.

Pain after your tummy tuck

+2

From your description, you may have over done it, but it is unlikely that you caused serious harm or ruined your result.  We use a lot of sutures when doing the plication portion of the tummy tuck, so you should be OK.  Be sure to stay in close contact with your surgeon and keep him/her updated on any changes in your condition.   

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Post op Tummy Tuck surgery

+1

It is difficult to tell you 100% what is going on without an examination but it is unlikely that you damaged the muscle repair by taking some jeans up the stairs.  

I would recommend following up with your surgeon so that he/she can examine you and make sure that all is well.

Best Wishes.

Possible damage to muscle after mini tummy tuck

+1

It is impossible to know without an exam. Damage was either done or not but there is nothing to do about it now other than let it heal and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.