1 Week Post-op is This a Double Bubble and does This Look Normal? (photo)

i had a breast lift with the incisions around the areola and 250g silicone implants under the muscle. unfortunately i do not have the pictures of before the surgery. i came out of the surgery with my left breast swollen to the front and the right breast swollen differentley. do these pictures look normal? do i have a double bubble on the left breast?

Double Bubble after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It is difficult, without direct examination,  to know what is causing the fullness along the left lower breast area.  This is especially true given that you are only one week out of your breast procedure. Time will tell if the breast implant will “settle” below the breast tissue/inframammary fold area and a “double bubble” will result.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to communicate your questions and concerns.

Double bubble?

+1

At one weeek post-op, it is too early to say if this is going to be permanent. Give it a few months to see how things develop.

Double bubble, just maybe

+1

The edge or line you are seeing is the 'old' fold under the breast and the implant is just pushing below. At one week however the imlant and breast envelope may work together and the line may go away. An underwire might help.

Double Bubble After Augmentation

+1

From your photos, you have a visible double crease on the left side, but it is too early to decide on the final result. There are limitations regarding the periareolar lift, and it may be that your surgeon lowered the breast fold to help manage your breast ptosis. Stay in touch with your surgeon to follow your progress over time. It is likely that your situation will evolve over the next several months. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Augmentation/Lift

+1

It appears you have had a breast augmentation with periareolar mastopexy.  This type of mastopexy has limitations in the amount of lift it will provide.  The scars may also give a gathered appearance but should improve with time.  It is difficult to make any judgements without preoperative photos and this early after surgery.  Continue to followup with your surgeon. 

Stephen Delia, MD

Possible double bubble

+1

The crease you are seeing is where your old inframammary fold was. This can be minimized with certain augmentation techniques (dual plane release, for example) which might have been done. If so, I would expect that to relax with time. You very well may want to consider (after everything heals) a more formal type of breast lift (keyhole pattern) which might address nipple position as well as help with the double bubble crease. I would stay in close communication with your surgeon, who can guide you. For the time being, I would advise doing nothing until everything heals, at least 12 weeks.

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift at one week

+1

Your doctor has tried to do all the lifting you needed through the areola to save you other scars.  In the end, this might work out to your satisfaction but they may have to do more lifting if you don't like the shape.  Your implant does look like it is trying to go below the crease making a double bubble there.  Please go back to your doctor soon for a check.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS