I Am One Week Post Op and There is a Definite Difference in Size...will This Get Better

I chose 325cc smooth round moderate profile silicone implants. Although most people experience different breast size my pre op breasts were very very close to the same size. My right breast has dropped more than left and appears much larger and fuller than the left. The left breast is slightly higher but is noticeably smaller...is it to soon to worry?My surgeon retires in a month and i am concerned. Right breast has more bruising...is it possible it is just more swollen?

Breast size

+1

It is quite common at this point to see differences in swelling, bruising, position, and size. The differences should be noticable but minor. Extreme differences may suggest a problem especially if you are in constant pain on one side. Stay close to your doctor for reassurance.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation asymmetry

+1
It is common to have minor asymmetry after augmentation, but if you didn't have significant size difference preop and you have bruising on the larger size I would be quite concerned about a hematoma on your right side. I would recommend seeing your surgeon as soon as possible. Good luck.

Derek Lou, MD

Breast size asymmetry post-op may indicate hematoma.

+1

Yes, you may have more swelling, but if you started out with breasts that were very close to the same size, added implants that are the same size, and now have visibly significant difference in size, then I would be suspicious of hematoma in your right breast. Add the fact that your right breast has "more bruising" and I increase my concern level.

See your surgeon now, as delay can mean that additional blood can turn into  capsular contracture!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon