1 Week Post Op Breast Augmentation Left Incision Still Leaking Brownish Fluid, Incisions Not Healing. Should I Worry?

my ps says its the body fluid and will take some time to heal ..she also says my healing power is really bad and asked me to have proteins.. gave me a lot of antibiotics and calls me every second day to change d dressing and every time she drains out some fluid from d incision.. i m really worried

Drainage after surgery is worrisome and require careful follow-up.

+1

Greetings,

A leak from the incision can be from the local tissue area or may be from the implant cavity. Odorless clear or slightly pink drainage is much less concerning than "brown drainage".

Antibiotics and careful follow-up with your surgeon may result in spontaneous wound closure.

Large amounts of drainage or incisions which continue not to heal may warrant laboratory cultures. Redness of the wound and breast is also a sign of worsening problems. These problems are a cause for greater concern that the implant is infected. 

You should plan on frequent visits to your plastic surgeon for surveillance of your breast augmentation incision....

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Drainage after Breast Augmentation

+1

Yes, this is concerning because of the presence of drainage and the color of the fluid.   It is possible that this could develop into an infection.  I would recommend close followup with your board certified plastic surgeon and discussion of a possible washout and drain placement to help expedite your recovery.

I wish you a safe recovery.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Draining Breast Implant Incision

+1

A draining breast implant incision is concerning. It is better to be aggressive in these situations to make sure that the implant does not get infected or already have an infection. 

Dr. ES

Breast augmentation healing

+1

It sounds as if you may have had a small bleeding incident that is now draining out of your incision. I prefer to surgically wash this fluid out, but some surgeons do follow it along more conservatively. If you develop any redness, increasing pain, or fever, you should let your surgeon know immediately.

Incisions with drainage after breast augmentation

+1

It has only been a week, so everything might be fine. But this isn't the normal healing process. Brownish fluid isn't normal. It isn't as worrisome as draining frank pus, but still not normal. Follow your surgeon's instructions for now, but if things don't change soon and stop draining, you might want a second opinion.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon