1 Week Post Op Breast Augmentation and Unhappy with Results? (photo)

I am 25 years old, 5'5", 120 lbs. 32A prior and I wanted to be a very natural C after. Implants are Allergan 410 cohesive gel implants 335 CC MF. Here are my issues: - The breasts are too high up on my chest. - No fullness in lower pole - The right breast higher and harder than the left - Seem way too big for my chest and look false - So big they come underneath my armpit and it's uncomfortable Will these issues be corrected in the coming weeks? Can you tell anything from my photos? Thanks!

Your Breasts Need To Settle More After Breast Augmentation

+1
As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural. Over the course of about three to four months, your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”. It allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast. Therefore, you should wait for a couple of months before deciding on whether the surgery was a successful one for you or not. It is too early at the moment to tell.

Your breast implant results will look much better in the next 4-6 weeks please relax

+1

Thank you for your question. Your concerns are very natural and normal. However your breast implants look very normal for the first week and we'll continue to drop, equalize, and look much normal in the next 4-6 weeks.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Implants

+1

In general, it is too early to judge the final aesthetic appearance of your surgery at just one week post-op.  It will take a few weeks to months for your tissues to accommodate/relax/stretch around the implants.  In most cases, the implants will drop and fill out the lower pole.  This is especially true if implants are placed under the muscle.  You should discuss your concerns with your PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

1 Week Post Op Breast Augmentation and Unhappy with Results?

+1

This is much too early to evaluate the surgical results. Reask the question with new photos after 3 months if you are still unhappy, but I think you will find they look and feel great by then. Also include copies of your preop photos.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1

One week after surgery is too early to tell your final result. Give it time to heal. It will only get better.

Everything looks OK. The swelling is typical and the position of the implants can appear this high. 

I see asymmetry of your folds, but your nipple position is even. This can be due to your anatomy, so take a look at your before pictures and review them with your surgeon. You should be able to identify any preoperative anatomic disproportion that will still be present after surgery.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Too soon to worry

+1

It is very normal for patients to have concerns about their results early on in the healing process.  Most of what you describe will improve or go away completely with time.  Your one week post-op photos show reasonable symmetry and a good early result.  No one can tell you now what your final result will be, but there does not appear to be anything that is glaring at the moment.  Try to be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon during your post-op visits. 

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

+1

One week is way to early to be assessing results of implant surgery.

Without having some before photos it is really difficult to comment on minor amounts of asymmetry. There probably is still some swelling present, so some patience is required. The implants do not appear to be encroaching on the axillas as far as I can see from these photos. The folds do look a bit uneven, but without before pictures, I can't comment much more. Please consider reposting this question with some additional photos. 

All the best.