I Am Now a WEEK Post-op BL/BA, How Long Must I Wait to Increase Implant Size? (photo)

i had settled for a 225cc in view of my interest to do away w/my saggy breast. However, as the swelling goes down I am looking less than my pre-op size which was a small D. And now I sense that in 6-7 mths when all the swelling has gone down I will b less in size then my pre-op. Below are some pre-op and current pics.... I didn't want the "fake" look so I left it to my PS's discretion to either use 225 or 250, but now I am second guessing that decision. Your candid advised is appreciated.

Dont' fret over 25 cc's

+1

as it would create minimal to no appreciable difference.  You will be larger since an implant is there - simple math/physics.  If you wanted to 'no fake' look, it did limit your choices in size selection.  Regardless, allow yourself to heal and hopefully you will not desire another operation as increasing your size will require that (along with costs and new risks).

+1

Need undressed p[osted photos and a before photo to compare. But you sound very confused to size and "no fake" look. Thus my guess is a 400 cc implant or even a 500 cc at max. Best to allow 6 months healing. 

I Am Now a WEEK Post-op BL/BA, How Long Must I Wait to Increase Implant Size?

+1

The pictures are inadequate to  base a decision on but if you had a BL/BA you should be bigger than pre op. Sometimes the entire breast is shoved up and can appear smaller than it  actually is. Just wait and let the breasts drop over 3-4 months. You can then have an implant replacement at that time.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for your question. I think you have to wait at least 6 month befor you change your breast implants for a bigger size. It is always very important to let your doctor know what is the breast size you want so this kind of situacion is avoid it.

Yvelise Bello Paredes, MD

Final appearance of breasts

+1

Unless your surgeon removed some breast tissue during the lift, then you could not possibly be smaller than you started.