1 Week Post- Op and Not Very Satisfied with What I See So Far. I Like the Lower Area Its Tight, but the Upper is Flappy? (photo)

I had my tummy tuck fleur de lis a week ago after losing 150 lbs of my weight. 4 days after i had tummy tuck fleur de lis surgery, i took off my girdle and i was almost crying. My upper abdmoin area was popping out like a small tummy. The doctor was disappointed that when i was lying flat he did not notice this skin. He said he would lift that area very easily at no charge when I am going to have Gynecomastia.When do you think i can have the other surgery? Do you think i would have a flat tummy

Tummy Tuck Results?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. 

At this stage in your recovery, it is much too early for you or your plastic surgeon  to evaluate the end results of surgery. Once  swelling has resolved and the skin has had a chance to redrape ( this process may take several months and even up to one year for patients with loss of skin elasticity)  you may be much more  pleased with the results of surgery.

I would suggest you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon  and try to be as patient as possible as you go through the healing process. Your surgeon is also in the best position to rule out complications (such as seroma)  which may increase the appearance of swelling in the areas of concern.

Disappointed after Fleur-de-Lis TT?

+2

I agree, these are notoriously difficult and your surgeon will fix this in time, trust him, relax and enjoy your results. If you are comfortable with your surgeon he will stand behind his work and give you the results you deserve!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck complications

+2

Those surgeons who have no complications don't operate. By choosing a respected Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, you select an individual who recognizes and acknowledges imperfections and is prepared to correct them at no cost to you.

Tummy tuck after massive weight loss is notoriously challenging. No permanent harm has been done and I am sure that you will end up with the result you want.

J. Brian Boyd, MD

I believe your doctor will fix it...

+2

I think that your physician was honest and is willing to fix the problem. The abdomen will improve over time anyway and you need to be a little patient (I know that's hard!) and let the tissues heal and scar soften. The tummy should look good! Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results

+1

On very rare occasions I have seen this, and as your surgeon has said that he will address it, this should give you comfort, and most likely can be done at the same time as your gynecomastia surgery, and yes, you should end up with a flat abdomen. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

The bulge may be abdominal wall laxity

+1

Thank your for the question and photos.  Your plastic surgeon will be the best person to determine the source of the bulge and how to best fix it.  I suspect that part or most of that bulge is from abdominal wall laxity.  The good news is that you have an incision over that area which can be used to remove additional skin and tighten the abdominal wall if needed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD