Is Asymmetry and Pain Cause for Alarm After Liposuction

Hi,14 days post-abdomen and flanks liposuction right side is flatter then my left and I still dont see any results and still complaining of pain

Pain and Assymetry after Lipo

+1

Pain and assymetry is not uncommon only 14 days out. The question is to what degree each is occuring. Make sure you relay your concerns to your PS. Generally time is the answer, but you may feel better just having some time to sit down with your PS.

Liposuction swelling and pain

+1

Swelling and pain can be common, but the severity of the pain may indicate something important so it is wise to contact your surgeon.  Furthermore, if the asymmetry between the sides is persistent after a couple of months allowing the swelling to go down, then the surgeon can see if there is a reason why one side is better than the other. Comparing the amount of fat removed from each side can help determine what may need to be done in the future. Sometimes skoliosis can affect the result as the bony framework makes the one side different than the other.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Post Liposuction pain

+1

I agree with the preceeding response. 2 weeks is just too soon to tell the result. Pain is common at two weeks and not a real indicator of something wrong. Keep wearing the compression garment, massage the areas involved with moisturizer and be patient. What you see is not what you get for up to 3-4 months. The areas suctioned will also probably feel numb for several months, and this too is normal. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel A Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Post operative pain and assymetry following liposuction

+1

At just 14 days following liposuction you are still healing.  It is not unusual to still have some pain.  You probably still are swollen and it may take another 4 to 6 weeks to see the long term results.  If you were given a compression garment, you should continue to wear it.  Watch your fluid and salt intake as consuming large amounts of fluids and salts can contribute to prolonged swelling.  Massaging the areas can also help in mobilizing excess edema fluid.  but give it time, you will continue to shrink down to your final size over the next several weeks.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon