1 Week Post BA & the Implants Are Sitting Low Already - is It Normal?

I'm 1wk post-op & they seem to be sitting where they'd end up eventually based on the pics I've seen on BA sites. In fact, they never sat high and the bandage I've been wearing is on the top of my chest and not doing what it's supposed to(e.g. pressing down the implants) & I'm not allowed to wear a bra in 4 weeks. Were my implants placed too low? They're also a bit apart so I feel hestitant to push downwards or outside when massaging while I'm supposed to push in all directions- what'd I do?

Breast Implants siiting where they are "supposed to sit" is NOT a reason to be worried

+2

NOT all freshly augmented breasts exhibit artificially high breast implants. Sometimes when the pocket is dissected well and there is little to now inflammation of swelling, the implants WILL be positioned in their rightful place. If this is the case, ask you Plastic surgeon why with perfectly positioned implants he still does not want you to wear a bra. With my patients, once the position of the implant is where we want it to be, I ask them to wear a well-fitting bra to reduce the inferior pull of gravity on the implants. Ask your surgeon for his reasons.

Dr. Peter A. Aldea

+1

I tend to observe this phenomenon in post lactational patients with involutional atrophy and skin laxity of the breast envelope.

Implant position

+1

It is difficult to suggest anything with out at least photos.  If you feel that they are too low, you may want to review this with your doctor.

Proper positioning of implants

+1

If your breasts look pleasing and in normal position now, there is no cause to worry.  It is not necessary for the breasts to look high in the beginning and later to settle.  In some patients you can get nearly the final result right away.  On the other hand if you think your implants are too low now, they most definitely will not move up.  I'm sure your surgeon will explain this process to you.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon