4 week OP from my tummy tuck today my surgeon just told me because I am skinny my belly button is going to stay outtie...??

4 week OP from my tummy tuck today my surgeon just told me because I am skinny my belly button is going to stay outtie there is no way he could have done an innie is this true ? Can it chane to into a Innie within time ? Also I have a little fluid build up when that clears up will my wrinkle skin flaten out?

Belly button after tummy tuck

+1
Thanks for your question and photos.  I believe what you are seeing is entirely normal at 4 weeks.  You can expect a significant amount of swelling that will take months to resolve.  I usually tell my patients that you will need 3-6 months to see the full results.  There are certainly procedures  that can be performed at a much later time if your belly button does not meet your satisfaction.  The incision includes some pleats to try and keep the length of the scar shorter and this smoothes out in almost all patients.  The scar will continue to mature and heal up to 12-18 months.  Good luck.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Appearance of belly button after tummy tuck

+1
Thanks for your pictures and questions.  Four weeks after your procedure is too early to make any judgements on your results.  You likely still have some swelling that needs to resolve.  Your skin, scars, and contour will continue to change over the next several months.  Wait at least 3-6 months before making any judgements.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Four weeks is too early to be concerned about the appearance of the umbilicus after abdominoplasty.

+1
I don't see anything in the photograph that is alarming. There is a lot of healing to go in making a judgment about the appearance of the navel of four weeks is quite premature.

Belly button after tummy tuck

+1
As the swelling resolves over the next several months, you will likely see a significant change to the belly button. It will likely sink back and be the "innie" that you want. You do not appear to be so thin that this will not happen. If it does not end up being as you had hoped, there are procedures that can be done to create more or an "innie" appearance. I would just give it time for now though.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Recovery for TT takes a year

+1
Recovery takes a year.   Much will change.   I cannot predict what will happen to your skin or belly button.  I feel that it is always possible to get a belly button with an internal position.   Your belly button may change with time.   I bet you do much much better as you heal.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon