1 Week After Neck Lipo - 200cc Removed. No Results.

Had 1 week neck followup today. I thought the doc would say he didn't take enough fat, but he and the nurses were delighted at my results and said in 3 months I will look like a different person with a firm neckline without the double chin. While I was glad to hear, inside I feel down cause I still look the same. Still have double chin and fat neck. He removed over 200 cc's. Have u doctor's experienced patients necks looking the same 1 week out then by 3 months they are much improved?

Neck Liposuction. Liposucción de cuello

+4

First of all 200 cc from a neck liposuction is a very large amount of fat(I don´t remember removed this quantity of fat in a neck liposuction). There are two possibilities: the resection was minor or the swelling masks the fat removal(if this, that it's going to be improving with the months).

Antes que nada 200 cc es una gran cantidad de grasa extraída en una liposucción de cuello (yo no recuerdo haber extraído esa cantidad en una liposucción de cuello).Hay dos posibilidades:la resección fue menor o el edema enmascara la extracción de grasa (si es esto,va a ir mejorando con los meses)

Argentina Plastic Surgeon

One week is just not enough time to assess a neck liposuction.

+4

Neck lipo suction is a great procedure for the right patient.  200 cc of fat from a neck liposuction is significant.  However, the procedure also causes swelling.  For this reason, it is a good stealth procedure.  When you return to work, there is little difference because the swelling masks the fat removal.  Then over the course of a couple of months, the swelling settles down revealing the result.  Please generally just assume that you have lost weight.  Being patient is very difficult but that is what is needed here.

Neck Liposuction

+4

In a younger patient (early 40's or younger), neck Liposuction works quite well, although it takes several months for the eventual result to show itself.  Isolated neck Liposuction in older patients rarely yields satisfying results because the aging changes of the neck are not addressed sufficiently.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be patient with early liposuction results

+3

At 1 week you are still seeing a good deal of swelling.  Typically you will see more dramatic changes at 2-3 weeks as the infiltrated fluid and tisse edema is absorbed and excreted.  It can take 6 weeks to 3 months to see the final result.

It is important to wear a compression neck garment for the first week or two to help redrape the skin and control the swelling.  Of course it is best to maintain your weight and even better,  to watch your diet and resume exercise as soon as possible to achieve an even better weight which will enhance your final result.  

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Post neck liposuction questions

+3

Several points in response to your question...It takes several months before we can start evaluating neck liposuction results.  So its too early now.  200 cc from the neck is a very large amount fat, so you should be able to see some difference even early on. I am also worried about loose skin and post-lipo skin changes with the amount of fat taken out.  Keep up posted on your progress.

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

+3

To answer your question - NO!. 200 cc's removed is quite a bit, you should look better. Post a before and after photo please so we can advise better. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Results after chin liposuction

+3

It may take up to at least 3 months for you to see your results after liposuction of the chin and neck area.  The skin need time to shrink and contract, which depending on your age and skin elasticity, can take several months.  Don't be discouraged if you don't see results at one week, there still is a lot of swelling.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Every picture tells a story

+2

Without the preop picture and a postop picture we cannot judge this. Taking out 200cc in a neck should result in visible improvement immediately and it would still improve over the next few months.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction - How effective?

+2

Chin liposuction results can be gratifying in younger patients if the fat is primarily subcutaneous. Time will improve the appearance of the skin but residual fat deposits under the platysma muscle may limit the ultimate neck profile. This can only be handled with traditional surgery (necklift).

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chin lipo is not as impressive as a neck lift or a facelift

+2

Because it doesn't tighten the muscles or remove the extra skin, chin lipo is not as impressive as a necklift or a facelift.  But hopefully they told you that preop and hopefully you will be patient as you heal.  Shrinking of the skin to whatever degree it will shrink takes 4-6 months.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS