I Have One Week Invisalign Trays Prescribed for 20 Weeks. Everyone on the Posts Seem to Say Theirs Are 2 Week Trays?

Why would my trays be prescribed for one week at a time instead of the typical two week period that everyone else seems to have prescribed?

How long to wear the Invisalign tray for.

+1

There is certainly a range of how long the trays get worn by that seems on the short side. I would verify with your doctor that this is the protocol they want you to stick too.

New York Orthodontist

Invisalign

+1

Do you have a lot of open space available in your teeth? If so, your dentist may be anticipating your teeth to move more freely and quickly because there is space to move. So cutting down the time to one week could work quite well! Good luck!

Rebecca Schmorr, DDS
Raleigh-Durham Cosmetic Dentist

One week trays

+1

I'm not sure why this was recommended by your dentist. You should ask them the next time you are in for your Invisalign visit. 

The only advantage that I could think of is that the trays won't accumulate as much odor or discoloration because they are being switched so frequently.

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign 1-week Trays

+1

I have ALWAYS used 2-week trays. I'm not sure why the dentist is recommending 1-week trays.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

One week per invisalign trays

+1

If the Invisalign program said that it would take 10 trays and 20 weeks to treat your case, the doctor could request that the speed of movement be cut in 1/2 thus requiring 20 trays to do the same movement.  Since the speed is 1/2, then changing every week should work out fine....just not sure why anyone would want to do it this way!

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist