Bags and Bumps After Restylane Under Eyes

It has been 1 week since I had my under eyes injected with Restylane. There is a large bag like area under my left eye. I massaged the area like I was shown and the bag just got larger. The right eye has small like bumps you can see particularly from a side view and now there is a inner eye bump. What can I do?

Lumps and bumps are the reason to seek a skilled injector: ie Stay away from Medispas!

We see this all the time in our practice when folks have gone to the new spa of the day in our town.  Invariably, there was some nurse or new doctor who was 'trying' it out on them and now they are upset and wish they hadn't done it. 

Sadly, this is happening more than ever before and is a cautionary tale to make sure you have gone to someone who is reputable.  That goes especially for this particular indication. 

While you can end up having injections of hyaluronidase to dissolve it, that is a waste of your time and potentially a problem if some is left and some is gone.  If your doctor (and I hope it was a doctor) is good, they will offer suggestions and stand by their procedure.  Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon