One Week After Rhinoplasty and my Nose Tip Looks Like Richard Nixon's? (photo)

I got a rhinoplasty 7 days ago to correct my deviated septum and a big bulbous tip. Today my doctor took the cast off and although he did a pretty decent job I didn't like how my tip looks from the side, kinda looks like Richard Nixon's nose (the tip is too big and pointy for the rest of the nose) . So my question is ... Does the tip will look less "pointy" and more proportionate as my nose heals? Thanks for your time and sorry if any mistakes ,but English is not my native language.

The Tip Of Your Nose Is Supposed To Look Too Big 1 Week After a Rhinoplasty

+2

First of all, what's wrong with Richard Nixon's nose? After all, it got him elected president (kidding). You will be happy to know that almost everyone's nose looks like Richard Nixon's 1 week after a rhinoplasty. While the entire nose is still swollen after a week, the tip is always much more swollen than everywhere else, giving the characteristic appearance that you are experiencing. While your nose will start to look much better quickly, it may take 6-12 months for you to see the final results and the tip will be the last place for the swelling to go away. Be patient and take heart, your nose actually looks quite appropriate from the photo.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nixon Tip

+2

Hello,  It is common for the tip to look to large immediately after Rhinoplasty.  It takes a while for the swelling to subside.  For the swelling to totally subside it may take 4 months,however a large amount of the swelling should subside within 2 weeks.  Good Luck

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Bulbous After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Harry,

Based on your description and your photo, your bulbous tip is swollen and that is normal at 7 days post surgery.

I advise you to have more patience and allow nature to take its course. Usually, final results should be achieved at about 12 months after the rhinoplasty.

That being said, it is not accurate to assess the outcome of your surgery at the time being.

I recommend that you communicate with your surgeon keeping him/her in the loop of your recovery.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS