A Week After my Rhinoplasty Procedure I Began to Smoke Marijuana Daily. What Exactly Have I Done to my Nose?

I had my rhinoplasty done in December of 2011. A week after it was done I began to smoke marijuana time to time and then by January it became daily, I would like to know what exactly has happend and if it possibly changed the form of my nose? Also I'd like to know if i quit now will it improve my nose and let the potential swelling go down or will it make no difference by now (April) I haven't smoked any ciggaretts and when I do smoke marijuana it's out of white papers rarely tabacco wraps

Marijuana smoking after rhinoplasty

+2

It is a fact that thc causes a dryness of the mucus membranes (cotton mouth) of both the nose and mouth. What this can do to healing I'm not sure. I asked anexpert on this and he felt there is no inherent damage except for the smoke irritation.

+1

In my experience smoking marijuana after a Rhinoplasty exponentially increases the post Rhinoplasty swelling and scar tissue formation.  This should be avoided completely for the first 4-6 months.