4th Week After my Op and Don't See Nice Results? (photo)

I'm at my 4th week of pre op. breast augm, bhnd the muscle, 375cc. My surgeon reposition my right nipple to make them more symmetric. I've been wearing a pre op bra & compression band 24hrs to bring the implants down and doing massages to lower my right breast that I looks somehow higher. My surgeon said to only wear the band at night for now on. Will my nipple still change and look more symmetric, it doesn't look any different yet. Will my right implant lower and look more like the other? Thx

Early postoperative breast assessment

+1

Patience is the hardest thing about surgery, but you need to give your body more time.  Things will continue to change over the next several months, and I would recommend not getting anxious about your outcome until you really see what things will eventually look like in about 6 months time.  Your breasts will continue to soften and drop, and the symmetry issue will take some time to stabilize.  Try to be patient- it's tough but necessary!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

+1

There will be some very significant changes to your results over the next 2-4 months. The implants will soften and look more natural.  Achieving symmetry with the areolae is difficult, especially if only one is operated on. I would always expect there to be some asymmetry with the areolae. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

There will be significant changes over the next 2-3 months so do not be concerned yet. They will become more symmetric, but like natural breasts, they will probably not be perfectly symmetric.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for posting the POSTOP photos but need befores to compare! In my opinion you have a very acceptable early result. Allow at least 3 months of healing than if still soooo unhappy discuss the appearance with your chosen surgeon. To me your result is very good. 

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

Your results look pretty good but it is still early to see the final result. The areola scar will settle down with time.

Nice result after breast augmentation at one month but some changes will occur.

+1

So far the breast augmentation and modified mastopexy looks quite good. The volume of the breasts are probably artificially supported by some swelling. This should improve with time.

Don't See Nice Results?

+1

It is difficult to comment on symmetry without seeing preop photos, but even without them, this looks to me like a nice result. Both implants may be a little high riding as is common at this early stage. Often the handed side remains higher for somewhat longer than the non-dominant side. 

Patience. It takes about 6 months on average for the implants to settle. Best wishes. 

You will be fine....have a little faith and patience

+1

You look fine for where you are in the recovery process.  If you look like that in 4-6 month....you have reason for concern....but for right now, it is fine. 

So be patient and have some faith in your doctor.  You trusted him enough to let him operate on you, no reason to stop trusting him now. 

K. Dwayne Fulks, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Wait

+1

It takes three months for breasts to settle. Continue to see your PS and don't panic. Only a hairdresser gives you an instant makeover.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast procedure; without knowing much more detail, it seems to me like your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you. He/she remains in the best position to advise you about the potential changes that you may see over the course of the next few months.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with him/her and continue to exercise patience. Remember that realistic expectations are important; absolute breast symmetry is rarely achieved.