3rd week after a breast lift and implants - stitches removed too soon

The 2 under my nipples were opened and now I have two open triangles. My doctor suggested i put neosporin and gause and change it every 24 hours. Is this the right course of action? How long should I be like this before scarring takes place?

Breast Augmentation, Breast Enlargement, Breast Implants

+2

Follow the advice of your personal plastic surgeon.  We can not give you advice directly on this site.  You may ask if there is a better topical cream to apply.  Ask if a revision can be done to close the skin. 

Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Breast contouring, #BreastAugmentation, #Breastlift, #mastopexy

+2

Dear Z in FW,

thank you for your question.  The plan is good and continue with your follow up with your MD.  You may want to add some paper tape to re-inforcesupport the incision/wound- ask your doctor about this.  The other consideration is that sometimes there are dissolving sutures under the skin that can cause irritation and thus need to be removed- ask your MD about this as well.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Small wound opening after breast lift

+2

a small wound opening at the junction of the inverted-t incsion of a breast lift is very common. You should not worry about it. your plastic surgeons recommendations are sound and good. your wounds will heal fine.

sean younai, MD

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Open Wound after Lift and Implants

+2

Your wounds will most likely heal with this approach. We all see this once in a while. Keep the wounds clean and I would suggest changing the dressing at least 2-3 times a day rather than just once. Make sure you follow up with your surgeon.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Wound opening

+2
Follow your surgeon's instructions. Be careful. Avoid the temptation to keep looking at it. Every time you pull on the skin to get a better view you are pulling apart the wound edges and you may make things worse. Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Healing problems after a breast lift / augmentation

+1

At this point there is not much you can do to speed things along.  Once the area has healed the scar can be revised if needed.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to help you through the healing process.  

Wound opening after mastopexy

+1
Yes your surgeon is suggesting the right course. The open areas will heal by filling in from the skin edges. You can always have a minor scar revision done later once everything is healed. Good luck!

Stanley Castor, MD

Breast augmentation with lift

+1

It is not uncommon for small area of a lift to open up. Is there any particular reason you don't trust the advice of your surgeon?

David E. Kim, MD

Wound dehiscence

+1

Without examinig you or at least photos, it is difficult to say what the best course of action should be.  Follow your doctor's instructions and follow closely in the office.

Yes

+1

There has been a wound separation.  These things do happen to all of us, fortunately, not very often. The proper treatment is to take care of the wound until it is healed. It sounds like you are getting the proper treatment.  There are many forms of treatment for these types of problems.  Almost all of the work. The important thing is that you have confidence in your surgeon and don't panic.  I am sure he/she is doing the right thing.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD